Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Payback

Seems my body has decided to pay me back for the 185k ride I did yesterday. Woke up this morning with incredibly sore legs, which is what I expected but didn’t think they would affect me.

I did a short gym set, mainly squats and glut work which seemed to flush all the soreness out. Then I moved to the treadmill for a quick run and soon discovered my knee was still playing up. Running has a greater impact on it and it just didn’t seem worth it pushing through something that could potentially put me out for a long period.

So I discussed it with Dean and we decided to stop "work" so to speak this morning and focus on freeing up any tension in my muscles. A good half hour on a tennis ball mainly on my gluts, up and down my hamstrings and quads seemed to do the trick.

Will continue to do triggering and a short amount of stretching throughout the day so I can be ready for training this afternoon. Plan is to swim and make up for the lack of riding this morning with a longer one this afternoon!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP