Monday, November 30, 2009

10 x 2Km Hill reps, 45min run

It turned out to be a nice cool temperature this morning, perfect for hill climbs! I was the first on the hill/mountain (I dont really feel right about calling a 2km Hill a mountain), but after my first repeat the numbers soon started to grow.

Here we have the start of the climb, it pretty much winds like this the whole way up.


Here is the turn at the 1km mark, you can see the transmission tower in the background. From here on in, its a pretty nice stretch. You have around 700m before it kicks up for the final ascent. Sorry for the poor quality in picture didnt really have time to check the light etc!



The next two photos are the final ascent, I would like to point out the guy in the photo only passed me because I stopped to take a picture haha, I had him covered the whole way up! I think this would be the stepest section of the climb. It seemed to be where I made a lot of ground up on the others.





I thought I would add in the view from the top. Sorry again about the quality, its a little dark, but you cant expect much more from a camera phone! That is brisbane city in the background.



In the end I did 10 reps all up. I was determined to beat everyone on the mountain that morning, finally the last guy dropped of after doing 7, leaving me to do 3 on my own. I think I could have done 15-20 but I decided to change the last 2 reps up a little. For rep 9 I went up in big ring (outer ring) 18, then Big ring 15 for rep 10. It was rediculous and an incredible strength building exercise. By the end of the two reps I was burning and thought 10 would be enough!

Straight off the bike I did a 45min run. Ran into a bit of trouble aroung the 3km mark, my knee playing up a little, so had to walk a bit before running again. I ended up heading up a street just outside my house called prior street. 200m long, it takes me 1min to ride up in! At a guess I would say a gradient of 15%! Thats one steep hill. Will get pics tomorrow for you.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP