Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tuesday - 75km ride, 4km swim

Today was a fairly easy day due to my knee. In the morning I did a 4km swim session, just 4x1000 descend 1 - 4. Generally I do them on around 13.20 (1.20pace) and hold around 1.15, not really going to need to go much faster than that in an Ironman to lead out of the water!

Went to the physio to get my knee checked out. Nothing major which is good I thought it may be a medial ligament or something but turns out it was just cause through tightness in my gluts. We did some mobility tests and my right side was about 80% worse than the left. This is causing me to turn my foot out when I run which is putting extra strain on my knee.

It really hammered the importance of triggering and stretching. Basically Ed (My physio from Qld Sports Medicine Center have been seeing him for years) suggested doing the amount of work I am doing, it is just impossible for me to maintain loose muscles etc. He suggested a monthly massage (No not the nice kinds, sports trigger massage ouch) or a visit to him. This way we can catch things out before they become an issue.

The 75km ride was fairly tough, by the end my legs were just exhausted. Its always a good session when I jump off the bike and cant walk properly. So far the week is turning out very positively!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP