Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A good start to the week! Monday Morning

So as you would have read in my last blog my running is out, which is a little disappointing but its better than me damaging my knee further. Monday morning I was up at 4 to ride before swimming training.

It was just a lazy 25km at 30kph then a 4km set in the pool. Felt good to start the week off, was ready for a long solid week.

The afternoon was GREAT! I had planned on doing a 1hour ride then some technique specific work on the wind trainer for another hour but the road ride was just awesome. Turned out there was a massive headwind, just constantly hammering into me.

I approached it with the attitude I was told by a cyclist I was talking to. "There are people who can handle wind, and people who cant, really its just mental," so basically wind? What wind. I still maintained an alright speed considering 27kph. After around an hour and 10mins I turned around.

There was a lot of cross winds the way back so it wasnt as fun (in terms of great speed due to tail wind) as I thought it would be, but the cross wind was more benefical. I made sure to be on my aero bars as much as possible, but some parts I just had to stand up. Wow did it takes its toll on my arms. Just grinding the gears through the wind, using everything I could to get me through it at an alright speed, my triceps by the end were destroyed.

In the end it was only around 50kms, 1 hour 10 down, 42mins back haha! Great start to the week! Getting knee checked out tomorrow so hopefully get the ok to get back into running soon!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP