Saturday, February 27, 2010

180km's; 5hours?

I wonder if it’s possible to improve to this level in 9months. 5hours for the ride I would love to be able to do that, but I honestly have no idea how fast that is, or if it is possible to get that quick. Its 36kph, for 130 my best is like 33.2 an hour, I have been able to hold 36kph for 60km's at the back end of a 120k time trial.

So I need to be able to do this 3 times over and then run a marathon. It would be great to do it, I would just love to know how achievable it is!

Today I didn’t get to do my 120, raining again, so I did 1hour of hill climbs followed by wind trainer work. Then my strength work for my knee. Tomorrow is an "off" day - suppose to run for 2/3hours but cant due to knee. Hopefully get a ride on the road in, but rain is predicted for the next 5 days or so.

All in all it’s a good first week, happy with what I achieved and hopefully next week I am ready to push it out, on the bike at least. Keen to get that riding consistently every week. 5 Hour 180km, is it possible by December? What do you think?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP