Monday, September 27, 2010

Neuromagnetics Q Magnets



Recently (a few months ago) I had the opportunity to trial Neuromagnetics Q Magnets a product that has received quite a lot of hype over the years for pain relief. Now quite a few leading sports people, rugby players Nick Kenny & Craig Wing, Silvano Meli (former Swiss ski world record Holder) to name a few, are singing the products praises (Read them here) so I thought why not give them a go.

The interesting thing about my meeting with James Hermans the managing director was how he didn't impose the product on me. I have had a lot of people talk black and blue about things that will help me but James was happy to just talk to me like a normal person. It was almost like he knew something I didn't, he was secretly confident in the product and the success I would have with it. We spoke for quite a while about how it works and about the injuries I have had and he simply said, just try it see if it works. Almost offhandedly as he passed me some to try.

So it was with this experience I tried them out. A little history of my injuries may be relevant first however. Having just taken up Ironman Triathlon for a year now, 16 years in a pool beforehand, my body is not use to the impacts of running and the stress on my legs from ride hundreds of kilometers a week. Across the year I have had shin splints, ITB friction syndrome and they seem to regularly rotate between themselves so I always have something wrong with me.

At the time of the trial I was off my feet with a shin splint, trying to start running again. I placed them up and down the shin and the calf where a lot of the tightness was coming from and slept with them on for a couple of days. Immediately I noticed a reduction in the pain to the area, so much so that after a couple of minutes I was simply unaware of the site.

I took this as a positive sign so went out for a trial run, for some reason I thought I had to remove the magnets before running so I did so. I was able to run around 4km without pain - something I hadn't been able to do for some months. There was a slight discomfort as I ran however nothing that was indicative of my previous issues.

I continued to wear them as I slept and was able to gradually increase my running, however in my runs it was never smooth and seamless there was always a slight amount of tension there. However things were improving a lot quicker than they had in the past, it seemed the magnets where helping me not only recover but keep the tightness I normally experience after a run down so I could do my rehab.

The big test was a 15km run one morning to training. I haven't run greater than 10km since my last half Ironman in December 2009 due to all my injuries so this would really be a great test. This time I strapped the magnets on for the run also, feeling confident in their ability to reduce pain and help with my recovery I thought they would be great to use during the exercise.

The result spoke for itself. I ran 15km with no shin pain, faster than I have in over a year. Post run I left the magnets on and didn't experience the general throbbing I use to get after a run on my shin.

Honestly I was pretty impressed with the product and the immediate effects it has at reducing pain. So much so that I use them as a first point of therapy when I get an injury and work my rehab whilst wearing and sleeping with the magnets. After long rides when my muscles are throbbing and just sore from exercise they help relieve the pain but also my recovery increases.

There are a lot of products out there at the moment trying to push themselves onto the consumers and its hard to tell the fakes from the real deal. Q Magnets have been a great recovery aid, pain relief and therapy device for me. I'm sure you are thinking now....does it actually work? Well do as I did, just try it out and you might be pleasantly surprised! Check them out here at http://www.qmagnets.com, or if you just want to buy them http://www.qmagnets.com/products.php

1 comments:

Elisa June 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM  

Great review! I recently purchased Q magnets and they have helped me tremendously with pain issues in various areas. I am so thankful I found them!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP