Saturday, March 27, 2010

Week 1; Busselton Prep

Now I know what you are all thinking, bit far out from Busselton (Dec 5th) to be doing a dedicated prep. I say no way, we will just build and build over the weeks leading up to it and hopefully magical things can happen!

As you well know I haven’t been able to do much training over the past weeks, very disappointed, but taking the time to fix my injuries is far more important in the long run.

This week was tough, and I didn’t even complete half of my full schedule!

Monday - I went for a 3km run followed by physio. We did a lot of triggering dry needling etc. Got the ok to run 3 times a week, up to 3km to test things out. May still experience pain in the knee from time to time.
Tuesday - 36km ride, meant to be 48km but just run off the road by a raging ignorant asshole who thought I was trespassing for some reason on his turf?! He was just pissed that his 20 year old car could accelerate faster than me on my bike, so when he finally caught up to me he ran me off the road. Eitherway I was wrecked, 32kph average. Followed by a swim and gym/stability exercises.
Wednesday - 52km ride fairly easy but hurt my legs, straight off the bike 2km run at 4.10km pace. Stiff by the end, happy I could hold that pace, now just have to work on endurance to do it for 42.2km.
Thursday - 40km ride, 3km swim, gym/stability. Fairly easy day, legs stiff from wed.
Friday - 65km ride, hurt a lot was good being on the bike for that long again but had got dry needling done just prior to it. 3km swim in afternoon/gym stability. Got my new seat post, in optimal position now on my bike. Feels great.
Sat - was suppose to do a mini tri in training. Cancelled all of that. Week took its toll short ride, followed by 3km run at 4.50pace. Legs so stiff no knee soreness!

All in all I'm happy with the week. Obviously would have liked to do a lot more Kms but I did what my body was able to do. 205km riding, 8km run, whatever in the pool. Hopefully looking to push it to 330km riding this week, 10km run and whatever I get done in the pool! Got some good weeks ahead, 2 weeks time hopefully into full prep minus running, still will be building back into that with physio instructions. May take some time.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP